Saturday, October 30, 2004

coming home again

the past few weeks have been wierd, topsy turvy... uncertain...
for the past 10 months i have been battling myself over a sin i'm facing... time and time again i have come face to face with the mercy and forgiveness of God...
about 3 weeks ago, i met with an accident and mercifully survived though it could have been much, much, much more worse...
what is grace?
after my father's accident today i am more convinced of the answer i have discovered..
grace is when you can come home again... when after wasting the father's fortune on profligate living, the son still can come home again...
when after driving dangerously with eyes half closed, God practically carries you back so that you can come home again...
grace is when your Heavenly Father watches over and holds your earthly father so that he can come home...
grace is when after you have sinned, and sinned, and sinned, and yet again sinned... and after 10 months of living in sin, seeking forgiveness and coming before the throne of mercy... the offer made at the first is still the same as at the last... "will you come home again.."

"Is there no one who condemns you?"
"Then neither do I, go and leave your life of sin..."


I have never ever felt so totally helpless in an emergency before... today when i recieved the call from the blessed stranger who helped my father on the road... my mum was out with my sister for lunch... i was alone at home with my grandparents... the red car was still under repair, i had no real vehicle besides my bicycle to go and look for my parents... when i made the call to church, Siewteng and Ps. Chua were out...
i suppose it is only really when you're totally helpless that you know who are your true friends... friends aren't always those that're are laughing with you; true friends are those that are willing to extend a helping hand when it inconveniences and even troubles them; true friends are those who are always ready to call or sms their support when you're weak; true friends are always ready to drop whatever they're doing to pay attention to your problems... those who really consider you as precious...
many thanks to EeWan who drove me to look for my mum around SP, all the way to the Tengku Ampun Rampaiah Hospital in Klang, to panda;) who was the only one who called, to Daniel, MokCK, Jinqfeei for sms's...most of all to that stranger who stopped to help... mere words cannot express my thanks...

No comments: