Thursday, October 25, 2007

401

my 401st post..
hmm... but actually i have other things on my mind other than having so many posts...
i've been noticing my memory becoming poorer recently...
maybe it's because i'm doing psychiatry that i'm thinking i have a dissociative amnestic disorder...
but my memory.. more specifically recent memory is at times... dejectedly abhorrent...
i mean.. i can go downstairs to get something (not that there's anything downstairs to get)....
ok, i can go upstairs to get something for my room..
the actions involved would be... putting the thought into my mind that i want to get... say... a ruler...
so then i get up, walk up the stairs... and the when i reach my room... i'm either distracted by something that grabs my empty brain's attention... or just sit down and think what is it that i wanted to get...
more often than not i'm going back downstairs to continue whatever it was i was doing until i need that ruler again...
case in point would be my forgotten SHIRTS...
and i have been forgetting my clerking excercise book a couple of times this week and during Obs posting...
my distant memory and immediate memory is fine... just... recent 5 minute memory...
in fact,
i was testing a patient for 5 object memory at 1 and 5 minutes...
she could remember 4 items...
so could i... i couldn't remember the last one...
and i thought...
okay... who's the patient now...

btw... the past 2 nights have been a bit disturbing...
last night i dreamt that i was in the psych ward... and the patients were fine... but everyone was saying i was the one with psychotic delusions in spite of my earnest protests... hmm... scary...
is this folie a deux?

No comments: